04 February, 2013

Blue tit appreciation

I recently treated myself to a cheap(ish) photography hide off Amazon, and managed to get great use out of it during the snow fall in January. It's only a small little thing- seating one person- and is easily set up within seconds, without the need for any pegs, poles or crap like that.
 
This makes it ideal for quick 20 minute morning sessions in the garden, so after baiting a bamboo cane with a rotting apple, I did just that. Unfortunately, the three Blackcap that have been partial to apples in the garden recently didn't show, but this curious Blue tit more than made up for it, and found the bait with ease. Gotta love Blue tits.
 
 



2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos :) Like the idea of the small easy to use hide. I've thought about something like that for my garden as feeders are too far away from house for my 70-300mm lens.

Billy Dykes said...

Thanks! I got mine here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stealth-Gear-Chair-Hide-Foldable/dp/B0077B4L0K/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1360189597&sr=8-6

Cheers, Bill