19 August, 2009

Garden Veneer

I've just come back from a holiday in the New Forest, full to the brim with hundreds of photos from that trip and also from a holiday in Dorset a few days before! I'm still going through many of my shots... including a few photos of a rarity, stay tuned to find out what it is!

In the mean time, here are some shots of a Garden Veneer Moth I took last week. One way to find these Micros is to flush them from the lawn by walking around the garden aimlessly like a complete idiot (certainly not what I do... :S).

Garden Grass-Veneer (Chrysoteuchia culmella)

Garden-Grass Veneer (Chrysoteuchia culmella)

I then found the dusty Finepix S5700 and went for some extreme close-ups. Even though I do not use this camera anymore, its macro capabilities are AMAZING, with a close focus of up to 1cm!!

Garden-Grass Veneer (Chrysoteuchia culmella)

Garden-Grass Veneer (Chrysoteuchia culmella)

Trip reports on Dorset and the New Forest to come!

No comments: