29 November, 2016

A walk in the park

I was in Bushy Park on Sunday evening as the light began to descent below the horizon. I was hoping - far too optimistically - for a vocal Lesser Spotted Woodpecker up in the oaks, or a Yellow-legged Gull amongst the gull roost, but had to make do with Green Woodpeckers and a lone adult Lesser Black-backed Gull.

The local Grey Herons were far more obliging than I've ever seen them before. They showed little interest in the stream of families that stopped to feed the ducks, let alone me sticking a wide-angle lens in their face.






3 comments:

Steve Gale said...

Love the second shot in particular Billy.

Lucy @ A Natural Interlude said...

I really do like the wide angle shots you produce Bill. Great stuff! Is that the 9-18mm m4/3 lens?

Billy Dykes said...

Steve - I think I prefer that one too. A bit more of an 'action shot'.

Lucy - thanks for the kind words! All my wide angle stuff is shot with the Zuiko 12-50mm kit lens. The 9-18mm has been on a my wish list for a while!