06 December, 2011

Jack All

Jack All...

... Just about sums up my wildlife encounters in the past few weeks. A first visit to the London Wetland Centre this year is the only half bloggable thing I've done for ages, with a Bittern and a Jack Snipe provided a little compensation for the admission fee to the reserve.

The latter of which showed particularly well; for your own benefit, don't bother looking for it, you'll never find it...


Elsewhere on the reserve, and you know your in London when these things start showing up. When they're not competing with me for food, or releasing their load on me, I actually quite like Pigeons- dare I say they can look quite smart at times...




They're so unpredictable, and you never know what they will do next- a Pigeon staring at water...


Over in the captive section, this Hawaiian Goose decided to add a step-ladder to its Christmas list...


And the Chiloe Wigeons added a bit of colour on an early winter's morning... 



1 comment:

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely trip around London WWT. Thanks Bill.