11 June, 2009

Backblog, a Couple of Moths, a Blue Tit and a Painted Lady First!

Sorry for the lack of posting recently, with a Geography GCSE on Tuesday and pages and pages of History Coursework to do, there's been no time for wildlife! One thing I forgot to say is the Blue tits have fledged- well, actually they fledged last week... I managed to nip out into the garden and take a look at the cuties the other day, but the light was bad and flash let me down (just my excuse for it being a crap shot!)...

I did a bit of mothwatching as well in the garden the other night. My best find was a Silver Y moth which has travelled from across Europe and the Channel to get to my garden!


Talking about nectar-drinking flying things, most wildlife watchers will know there has recently been a HUGE influx of Painted Ladies into Britain. Around our parts its been no exception and it gave me the chance to watch the first Painted Lady ever to drop into the garden...

2 comments:

Dad said...

Oi, get back to your homework young man!

Billy Dykes said...

Sorry Dad ;)