21 December, 2008

Fishin' herons

I rarely manage to get close to Grey Herons but there is a small river in Bushy Park that lets me have great views of the birds fishing with the added bonus of Kingfisher or Water Vole.
The bird present there today was right in the middle of hunting and after being disturbed by dogs, it finally landed in a quiet spot where it gave me great views....
How is it keeping its balance?!
He's about strike....
And then gives up and starts to clean himself....


Having a bad hair day.....

Other birds at the park included this Jay that landed a couple of metres from me
and there were 3 pairs of Egyptian Geese in the gardens, this one was looking for its partner...
The Cape Teal was still present in the gardens and hadn't really moved from where I last saw it...

No comments: