13 May, 2012

Time For Another Chat

A few more birds from Bushy Park and Richmond Park, the only places I've had time to get out to in the past few weeks...

Stonechats have completely avoided me this year in Bushy Park, and I haven't found a single pair in the usual haunts. I took a trip to Richmond Park especially to catch up with the spring males yesterday, and without much trouble, found a very vocal pair, actively collecting caterpillars in the gorse above Pen Ponds to feed a fresh brood...





An early visit to Bushy Park midweek yielded some reward, with a showy Heron on the canal. As the Park gets busier during the day, the birds tend to retreat to the grassland, where they sit it out until the evening...



2 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

Bill, those Heron images are top-notch.

Noushka said...

Stunning Heron pictures!
Well done!
I find very difficult to got close the Stonechat...
Happy birding!