13 November, 2010

Early Christmas Present Idea

Early Christmas Present Idea

If anyone is stuck on what to get me for Christmas, here's a little suggestion...

Although it wouldn't look out of place on the top of a tank as a US manufactored Surface-to-air missile, or as an electron powered telescope used to detect black holes and galaxies in the outer-reaches of the Universe, this is actually a Canon 1200mm. It boasts an ultrasonic motor big enough to take a space shuttle to the Moon, but doesn't actually have any optical stabilisation... bit disappointing really. Of course, the exotic babe would be nice as well...


I think the lens is currently worth around $100,000- if your a bit short then just ask, I've got £2 in my pocket, and counting.

If you can't quite stretch that far, then I guess I would settle for a Canon 800mm, although don't expect me to be in such a good mood on Christmas morning, when I open my present to find I can only get a frame filling shot of a bird from 2 miles away, as opposed to from the other side of the world.

4 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

No optical stabilisation, I won't bother then.

Phil Wallace said...

Another slight problem is they don't make that lens anymore. You'll have to 'make do' eith the 800mm then. LOL.

Regards, Phil

springman said...

Women(or men)and lenses. Always best to rent first before you buy!

Billy Dykes said...

They don't make em? Ahh I think I'll stick with the satsuma and woolen socks this year then. Some wise words there springman which I will note down. Cheers for visiting.