25 October, 2009

Skippers...

A post on Skippers...? Bit random I know but whilst I upload Brown Shrike photos (yes, you heard correctly, BROWN SKRIKE PHOTOS!!!!!!!). Here are some shots I've taken this year on skippers, skippers and more skippers. Plus two rare skippers at the end!

Small Skipper

Large Skipper...

Large Skipper

A Lulworth Skipper, taken on a Dorset headland. It's last stronghold in the UK...

Lulworth Skipper

An Essex Skipper...

Essex Skipper

And the two gems of the butterfly world, Dingy and Grizzled Skipper... both in serious decline and very rare.

Dingy Skipper

Grizzled Skipper...

Grizzled Skipper

I don't know 'bout you but I'm all skippered out... think I'm gonna' go and sit down in front of the X-Factor in a minute and swear at those two Irish twins... nah you guys are cool, just a tiny bit out of time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent set of images, Bill.

David Campbell said...

very good shots but more brown shrike please.

Billy Dykes said...

Dean- Thanks a bunch

David- Haha, it will come soon (when I can be bothered to find the camera adaptor!)

Bill

Nicole said...

I love them little Critters.
I remember when I saw this little orange Beauty first in Hungary.
Love it :)