10 September, 2009

New Forest Pics...


Right... I doubt anyone reads this space anymore... but just in case anyone does, here are the New Forest shots I promised.

Spotted Flycatcher...

Spotted Flycatcher
The track...
Bike Shot
A very well camouflaged Mipit...
Meadow Pipit
And now for all the butterflies...
A beautiful Small Copper caught my eye...
Small Copper
My favourite butterfly by far... the Painted Lady posed a side-shot for my camera...
Painted Lady
A Speckled Wood...
Speckled Wood
A Gatekeeper (a bit worn)...
Gatekeeper
Graylings are brilliant characters to work with, but are very sensitive to any movement. It seems that the Grayling is camoufaged on almost everything it lands on! Including this piece of cow shite...
Grayling
Grayling
Finishing off with a few Common Blues...
Common Blue
Common Blue
Right, now I've got the New Forest post off my back I'm finally up to date with posts. I think I'll do a post on wasps next...............

4 comments:

FAB said...

Never fear, I'm still here. Good selection Billy, particularly capturing the open winged C.Blue.
Now Wasps...might that be a step too far!! Have fun.

Billy Dykes said...

Thanks Frank! You'll have to wait and see what you think with the wasp post! Cheers

GRAMPS said...

Hi Billy.
Well some of us will! That is "read the page any more". I enjoyed the promised pictures of the New Forest trip which as usual were excellent. Keep it all coming. Gramps

GRAMPS said...

Hi Billy.
Well some of us will! That is "read the page any more". I enjoyed the promised pictures of the New Forest trip which as usual were excellent. Keep it all coming. Gramps